Last updated 2018-06-10
We only collect, use, store and transfer ("process") your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, including but not limited to the (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) ("GDPR") and applicable national data protection legislation (hereafter "applicable law").
Depending on whether you are a website visitor, customer and/or a user of our Services, we will process personal information such as your contact details (email address, telephone number and postal address), your username, password(s) and payment details. For more information about the personal information we collect, use and otherwise process, please see section 6 below.
We will use your personal information for different purposes. We will for example use the data to provide you with the service you have requested, to improve our products, to predict customer trends, to process payments and customize our services to you.
For more information about how we use your data, please see section 7 below.
We will engage other companies in order to fulfil our purposes and obligations as set out in this policy, but we will not transfer your personal information to countries outside the EU and EEA that may not have as strict privacy legislation as where you live. We will never transfer your personal information to such countries even if we are allowed to do so, please see section 8 for more information.
When we collect personal information about you, you are entitled to the following rights under applicable law:
- the right to access and rectify your personal information;
- the right to object to our processing of personal information;
- the right to restrict to our processing of personal information;
- the right to demand us to delete your personal information; and
- the right to data portability.
For more information about the rights you have in relation to your personal information, please see sections 14- 20 below.
If you have any concerns as to how we use your personal information, we would kindly ask you to contact us first. However, you can always lodge a complaint with a relevant authority, specifically where you live, work or where you believe an infringement of you rights has occurred. The relevant data protection authority in the United Kingdom is ICO, ico.org.uk.
Please see section 22 for further information.
If you have any questions about the personal information we collect, how we use your data and how we transfer your data to fulfil our purposes as stated herein, please contact us at: sales [at] fairmont [dot] co [dot] uk or by phone on +44 (0)1484 854 025 or by mail.
Fairmont & Main Ltd, Att. Privacy team,
Unit L1, Meltham Mills, Meltham, Huddersfield,
West Yorkshire, HD9 4DS.
Below follows a more detailed description of how we use personal information.
- Who we are
- What we promise
- What is personal information?
- Reasons for processing of your data
- When do we collect your data?
- What data do we collect?
- How do we use your data?
- Who do we share your information with?
- Can children use our services?
- Security measures to protect your data
- If you choose not to share your data with us
- How long will we keep your data?
- Accessing, changing and updating your data
- Right to object to the processing of your data
- Right to erasure
- Right to restriction
- How to get a copy of your data or receive a copy of your data
- How to enforce your rights
- How to withdraw your consent or close down your Account
- How to contact us and how to complain
- Other useful information
1. WHO WE ARE
We are Fairmont & Main Ltd. ("Fairmont", "we" or "us"). This Policy applies to websites operated by us, including on https://fairmont.co.uk/shop/.
We are the controller of the personal information collected. If you have any questions or want to know more about how we use your personal information, please contact us as stated in the beginning of this Policy.
Our physical address can be found at the end of this Policy under the section HOW TO CONTACT US AND HOW TO COMPLAIN.
2. WHAT WE PROMISE
We promise to keep your data safe and to not to sell your data to third parties. We promise to give you the right to access and delete your data, and to provide you with ways to manage and review your marketing choices as well as any other information (such as for example newsletters) you get from us. Please see sections 14 - 22 for more information.
3. WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information can be any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. In other words, it can be any information that could allow us to identify you both directly and indirectly (like for example your name, email address, IP address, or your invoice address). In this Policy, we will use the word "data" to refer to personal information.
4. REASONS FOR PROCESSING OF YOUR DATA
We will only use and process data about you if we have one of the following reason to do so:
- to fulfil a contract we have with you (for example, when you have purchased a product on our Fairmont website);
- when it is our legal duty (for example, to identify your age and make sure we are not collecting data from young children, for book keeping purposes and to fulfil our obligations in relation to authorities);
- when you consent to it (for example, when opening a Fairmont account); or
5. WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
We will collect data about you when you use our services, including in the following situations:
- When you register a Fairmont Account
- When you purchase one or more of our products
- When you contact us or our support services, via emails or letters
- When you use our website
- When you place an order with one of our partner websites.
- When you work for Fairmont. In such case, please contact our Human Resources department separately for more information.
6. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We use data that you have explicitly provided to us in different situations. We also use personal information that is generated by your device or when you use our services. These categories are further explained below. Data that you explicitly provide us with:
- email address
- country of residence
- password(s) created to access parts of the services
The above information may be provided to us when you open a Fairmont Account, or when you subscribe to our press releases or newsletters. In addition to the above, and when purchasing a product, you may have to provide us with the following data:
- physical address
- telephone number
- card information payment account details
- PayPal account information
- name and contact information for a business or organization
Finally, any other data you actively provide us with when:
- you contact support or seek help from Fairmont
- you want to return goods you purchased from Fairmont
- you enter a contest. If you win, we might need additional information about you depending on the specific contest. We will, however, only collect such information with your consent
- you apply for a job at Fairmont and provide information relevant to the application. For more information on how we use personal information in that respect, please contact our Human Resources department.
Data we collect when you use our services:
- Profile and usage data. This includes the profile you create to identify yourself when you connect to our services and internet protocol (IP) address and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. It also includes other data about how you use our services. We gather this data from devices you use to connect to those services, such as computers and mobile phones, using cookies and other internet usage logging softwares.
- Referral pages and page exit time
Data from third parties we work with: We receive data about you from third parties or partners only in respect to processing your order passed to us from that third party or partner.
7. HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
We use the information we collect from you and from your use of our Services, to provide, maintain, protect and improve our services and to develop new ones.
We will not use your data for any other purpose than the purpose for which the data is originally collected.
To operate our business and to enhance your shopping experience, we use your information in the following ways:
- To operate, improve, develop and provide you with our services
- To provide you with recommendations and product offers that you may like
- To respond to inquiries or comments from you
- To verify your identity in order to prevent unauthorized access
- To understand trends in usage
- To help tracking and correcting errors and bugs in services
- To customize your user experience
- To maintain the integrity and security of the services
- To process transactions and communicate with you regarding these transactions
- To maintain or administer your Fairmont Account, including contacting you in order to update your Fairmont Account details if necessary
- To create reports, analyses or similar for the purpose of research and business intelligence and be able to track potential problems, behaviour and trends
- To keep our services fair, investigate and prevent fraud and illegal behaviour
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Special information about marketing: We DO NOT use your data to provide you with targeted marketing.
8. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
To be able to provide you with the services and the best possible experience, we will share your data with other companies and organisations. We will only do so if our partners can provide the same level of security to keep your data safe as implemented by us and if our partners can ensure that they comply with applicable laws and privacy regulations. We may share your information with the following partners:
- Payment providers (for example, CardSave, PayPal)
- Couriers (for example, DPD, Palletways, Hermes, etc.)
We may share and may acquire your data with future subsidiaries or companies if we choose to sell, transfer or merge parts of our business. We will, however, only transfer the data if we must and if these companies comply with applicable privacy regulations and can guarantee that your data will be kept safe.
9. CAN CHILDREN USE OUR SERVICES?
Our services are not directed to children and we do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years of age. From May 25, 2018, only adults over 16 years old are allowed to open a Fairmont Account. We strongly recommend parents or guardians to instruct their children to not disclose any data when online. Parents or guardians who are concerned about the transfer of data are welcome to contact us.
If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected data from a child, we will promptly delete it, unless we are legally obligated to retain such data.
We use "cookies" to collect information about visitors on our websites. A cookie is a small piece of data sent from the website to your web browser and may be stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies allow us to recognize your computer while you are on the website and help customize your online experience and make it more convenient for you. Cookies are also useful in allowing more efficient log-in for users, tracking transaction histories, and preserving information between sessions. The information collected from cookies may also be used to improve the functionality of the website and to measure traffic patterns.
Fairmont will use the following cookies on our websites, for the following purposes:
a) Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function. They are usually set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the website might then not work. These cookies do not store any Personal Information;
b) Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources in order to measure and improve the performance of the website. These cookies help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and how visitors move around the website. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, as explained hereunder. If you do so, we will not know when you have visited our website, and will not be able to monitor its performance;
c) Functionality Cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services have been added to the website. If you do not allow these cookies, some or all of these services may not function properly;
Please note that most web browser applications (such as Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome) have features that can notify you when you receive a cookie or prevent cookies from being sent. In Microsoft Edge, you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector. In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Privacy". In Google Chrome, you can also adjust your cookies by clicking on "Settings", "Show advanced settings", "Content settings" and on the "Privacy" section.
If you disable cookies, however, you may not be able to use certain personalized functions of the website.
11. SECURITY MEASURES TO PROTECT YOUR DATA
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help guard your data in compliance with applicable privacy regulations. If transactions are offered on the services, transaction information is transmitted to and from the service in encrypted form using industry-standard Transport Layer Security (TLS used to be known as SSL) connections to help protect such information from interception. We strictly restrict authorized access to your data only to those persons who have a legitimate purpose to access it. We also have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the data we process.
We encourage you to be careful when sharing your data with other users when you use our services.
Fairmont will NEVER ask for your password to be sent separately or in clear text. Anyone doing so is probably trying to steal your stuff.
12. IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO SHARE YOUR DATA WITH US
We may need to collect data to be able to fulfil our legal obligations or fulfil the terms of a contract we have with you or to be able to even present you with the services.
If you choose not to give us this data, it may prevent us from meeting our obligations. It may also mean that we cannot perform the services needed to run your Fairmont Accounts or policies. It may also mean that we have to cancel an order or service you have with us.
Any data collection that is optional will be clearly indicated as such at the point of collection.
13. HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We will keep your information for as long as you are a customer of Fairmont. We may keep your information for longer for research or statistical purposes. If we do, we will make sure your information is anonymised and non-traceable to you as a person. We will also keep it for longer if we cannot delete it for legal or regulatory reasons.
We will however delete all data that is no longer necessary after a reasonable period. For example, any inactive Fairmont Account will after a period of two (2) years be deleted.
We will also delete data upon request. For more information, please read section 18 of this Policy "HOW TO GET A COPY OF YOUR DATA".
14. ACCESSING, CHANGING AND UPDATING YOUR DATA
When you use our services, we strive to provide you with ways to quickly update or delete data that you have actively provided. You have the right to access the data relating to you. This includes the right to be informed whether or not data about you is being processed, what data about you is being processed, and the purpose of the processing. You also have a right, upon your request, to access information about any evaluation or assessment of the balancing test we are required to conduct when we process your data based on our legitimate interest. Furthermore, you have the right to rectify or add data if the personal information is inaccurate or incomplete. As soon as we become aware of any inaccurate personal information being processed, we will always rectify your data without undue delay and notify you accordingly.
If you have created a Fairmont Account, you can access, change and delete some of the data provided on your profile by logging in to your Fairmont Account.
15. RIGHT TO OBJECT TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR DATA
You are also entitled to object to the processing of your data on grounds related to your particular situation. Please note however, that we must still process some personal information about you to provide the services to you. This means that you cannot object to all our use of personal information and still require us to provide services to you.
16. RIGHT TO ERASURE
You are entitled to request that we erase data related to you. We will erase your data upon request provided that it is no longer necessary for the purpose (for example you cannot require all personal information about you to be erased and still receive services from us) or we have a legal obligation to store personal information.
17. RIGHT TO RESTRICTION
You are entitled to require us to restrict our processing of your personal information if you contest the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful but you do still not want us to erase the data, if the data is no longer needed to fulfil the purpose it was collected for or you have informed us that you do not consider us to have a legitimate interest for certain processing.
18. HOW TO GET A COPY OF YOUR DATA OR RECEIVE A COPY OF YOUR DATA
You can access a copy of your data by contacting us at any time at https://fairmont.co.uk/shop/contact-us/. If you request access to personal information about you that you yourself have provided and (i) if the personal information is being processed automatically and (ii) in accordance with a contract between you and Fairmont & Main Ltd or based on your consent, you may request that the data is provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may also request that the personal information is transmitted to another controller, if this is technically feasible.
19. HOW TO ENFORCE YOUR RIGHTS
You can contact us at https://fairmont.co.uk/shop/contact-us/ any time to get a list of all the data we have collected from you or to get such data deleted or invoke your other rights as explained above.
We will do our bests to answer your request in a timely manner but please note that it may take a couple of days. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Please note that if we cannot identify and guarantee who you are, we might ask you to provide us with additional information or log into your Fairmont Account if possible. Please note that we will not delete any data if we are unable to verify that you are their rightful owner. We will however always use our best effort to help you out.
20. HOW TO WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT OR CLOSE DOWN YOUR ACCOUNT
You can close your account by contacting us at https://fairmont.co.uk/shop/contact-us/. However, we will no longer be able to provide you with certain products or services if you do so. You will also lose any other contents stored on your Fairmont Account
This Policy may change from time to time. Any changes to this Policy will be posted on this page, and if the changes are significant, we will provide you with a more noticeable notice. If you are asked to accept material changes to this Policy and decline to do so, you might not be able to continue using the Services with all functionality preserved.
22. HOW TO CONTACT US AND HOW TO COMPLAIN
Please let us know if you are not happy with the way we use and process your data by contacting us at https://fairmont.co.uk/shop/contact-us/
We will also appreciate to get feedback from you if you think that this Policy or any part of it is unclear.
Our address is:
Fairmont & Main Ltd, Att. Privacy team,
Unit L1, Meltham Mills, Meltham, Huddersfield,
West Yorkshire, HD9 4DS.
You always have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant authority in particular where you live, work or where an alleged infringement of the GDPR has occurred. For example, the relevant data protection authority in the United Kingdom is ICO, ico.org.uk.
23. OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION
Further useful privacy and legal information can be found on the Legal Information pages of our website: Terms & Conditions and Customer Service. Information about privacy rights for EU residents can be found on: https://www.eugdpr.org/